Project Manager (Hardware)
Foresight Sports is hiring! We seek a talented Project Manager who is looking for a great opportunity to work on the next generation of Sports Technology. If you are a creative self driven individual, with a lifelong passion for software development and product delivery, this is the right job for you.
Foresight sports is a rapidly growing San Diego company and the leader in sophisticated camera-based golf ball and golf club tracking equipment manufacturers, retailers, and tour professionals.
Design and development are done by a small, passionate, and innovative engineering team, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to all aspects of product design and development while working on leading edge technology.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confer with product stakeholders to gather and write product requirements, document requirements, and keep them up to date.
- Participate in design meetings with engineering team to create project plans and ensure proper translation of requirements into software development stories
- Maintain project timeline and manage development progress.
- Manage firmware development tasks, using agile / scrum methodology, keeping all tasks and work items current in Jira.
- Create cards / stories in Jira describing development tasks / bug fixes.
- Ensure deadlines and cost targets are met.
- Assist in hiring and team expansion efforts.
- Manage risks and mitigation plan for all aspects of the project. Keep management informed of any critical risks to timeline, cost, staff, technical or other risks.
- Liaison with purchasing, production and other departments and contractors to ensure external dependencies don’t delay engineering projects
- Assign, direct and evaluate tasks to team members.
- Track and report project KPIs to Engineering Manager and / or senior management.
- Min. 5 years’ experience delivering consumer electronic devices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and application of agile methodologies / Atlassian tools / Jira
- Understanding of Mechanical design methods and principles: plastic injection molding processes.
- Understanding of electronic design principles / practices: PCB development, layout, processes.
- Strong organization skills and strong project management skills
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities
- Bachelors degree
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- Local candidates only
- Foresight Sports offers a friendly, fair, and fun work environment along with competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package