- Design of electronics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather requirements and specifications for development of board schematics and layout.
- Together with Systems Engineer, perform research and hardware design on new boards and electrical engineering in general.
- Work with firmware and software teams to ensure hardware will support design goals.
- Participate in design review meetings for both schematic and layout. Review designs done by Junior EEs.
- Keep up to date in methods, tools and technologies associated with Electronics Engineering.
- Execute research tests and experiments that could involve handling test and measurement equipment; taking careful notes of experiments; organize and present results.
- Create documentation for PCB and PCA release. Follow release procedures and serve as a liaison between Engineering and Production.
- Once PCBs and PCAs are manufactured, validate design by bringing board up and testing components and modules against design and specification.
- Keep drawings vault organized.
- Support all company information technologies efforts as required.
- Layout of PCBs.
- Guide board layout when external resources are used for board layout.
- Mentor and advise Junior EEs.
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering or related background. MS preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Electronic Engineering capacities.
- Schematic capture, board layout.
- Understanding of Firmware / Software as it relates to electronic hardware.
- Demonstrated electrical engineering experience and exhibited leadership skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, with strong communications skills.
- Experienced with Altium Designer.
Minimum Education Required
- Commensurate experience may substitute for Education requirement
- Required field of study Electronic Engineering
Years of Experience
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.